Deadline: 1 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Regional Manager in Kasungu, Malawi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Regional Manager will perform the following functions-
- Oversee all technical and operational activities of FAO in the respective region.
- Support Management in backstopping all field teams in the area assigned and facilitate harmonization of technical and operational arrangements in close collaboration with District Coordinators and field office staff.
- Facilitate overall coordination of projects assigned by FAO under his responsibility, handling technical and operational aspects related with implementation.
- Lead specific technical work under his/her responsibility and support coordination of all FAO’s interventions in the district.
- Manage organizational communication with the Agriculture Development Division authorities under his/her jurisdiction and guide District Coordinators and field teams in their interactions with Government authorities.
Represent FAO in relevant fora at ADD/regional level within the mandate of the Organization e.g. Food Security, Climate/DRR/Resilience, statistics, extension, nutrition etc. and provide feedback to FAO Country Management in Lilongwe.
- Actively participate in all initiatives together with the ADD technical personnel (where available).
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture (including forestry and fisheries), Veterinary Sciences/Animal Production, Human Nutrition, Natural Resources Management or related fields.
- At least 8 year’s work experience in development, management and monitoring of projects and programmes in agriculture, food security, nutrition-sensitive agriculture and/or rural development.
- Computer literacy, especially using standard and analytical software and other information, communication and technology equipment.
- Ability to be multi-tasked and to handle large volumes of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.