Deadline: 14 October 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist (Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture) in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist (Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture) will perform the following functions:
- Technical leadership in the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of maternal, school age and adolescent nutrition.
- Leadership in the implementation of nutrition-sensitive agriculture interventions at national and sub-national levels, including technical leadership in the food systems transformation to improve the quality of diets, services and practices for children, adolescents and women.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health-related science field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in maternal, infant and child nutrition at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country, is required.
- Experience in nutrition programme/project development and management is required.
- Experience in implementing nutrition-sensitive agriculture interventions and a good understanding of the food systems transformation.
- Experience managing European Union grants, as well as working experience in a UN system agency or organisation, will be considered an asset.
- Experience in a developing country is preferred.
- Relevant technical knowledge and skills in project development and management of maternal, infant, adolescent and young child nutrition /nutrition-sensitive agriculture/food systems transformation programmes are required.
- Fluency in English and a local language, both strong verbal and written skills, are essential.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.