Deadline: 7 May 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Country Programme Officer in Lilongwe, Malawi.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Country Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Prepare on a quarterly basis, a summary of the Quarterly Portfolio Report for the Country Manager.
- Prepare on a monthly basis a synthesis of the implementation of the department work program and highlight the bottlenecks and proposed solutions.
- Monitor the implementation of the recommendations of the monthly portfolio flashlight reports.
- Budget Coordinator or focal person to the department, play a coordination role for the preparation of the departmental work program and related budget jointly with Country Economists and Country Program Officers.
- Coordinate the departmental submission through the use of the BRAG tool in coordination with country office CPOs.
- Coordinate overall portfolio management and operations programming.
- Follow-up and manage portfolio and operational activities.
- Follow-up on BDEV and project audit recommendations and requirements of the Board.
- Provide input to the preparation portfolio related to country briefs for Annual Meetings and other briefs to management.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Engineering, Agriculture/Forestry, Business Administration, Public Administration and knowledge of development issues.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant professional experience in the formulation and implementation of policies, programs and projects either within the Bank, with a similar development institution or the public service.
- Experience in the practice of procurement of goods/works, and the acquisition of consultancy services under donor funding conditions.
- Experience working in a team in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, international and professional environment.
- Relevant and required experience gained on the African continent.
- Experience gained within multilateral development finance institutions.
- Demonstrate experience in the preparation and/or review of operations in a multilateral financial institution.
- Ability to the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.