Deadline : 2 October 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Supply Management Director in Malawi.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement and Supply Management Director will perform the following functions:
- Work with team members to develop detailed quarterly implementation plans (ensuring data-driven planning), activity budgets, and monthly cash flow projection based on the annual work plan.
- Work with team members to identify and plan requirements/ scopes of works (SOWs) for short-term technical assignments (STTAs) related to the team’s work plan activities, complete the needed preparatory steps with the in-country counterparts, and support the technical assistance (TA) providers once in-country to successfully implement the planned SOWs.
- Provide oversight to the planning and implementation of program-specific national quantification exercises, monthly stock status monitoring and pipeline updates, and monthly distribution planning for health commodities.
- Participate in annual work plan development ensuring that team member suggestions and inputs are considered.
- Prepare and submit regular and timely progress reports on the collective activities of the team.
- Participate in the preparation and/or review of the project’s technical reports/documents.
- Provide technical assistance to United States Government (USG) Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) implementing partners (IPs) and the Ministry of Health (MOH) Department of HIV/AIDS, liaising closely with these partners to ensure sufficient availability of VMMC commodities.
- Ensure that Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes are in place, maintained throughout the supply chain, and reviewed/revisited periodically.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in pharmacy, supply chain, logistics, project management, public health or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the same fields 5+ year’s of work experience.
- 8 year’s providing technical assistance and leadership oversight for public health program management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems.
- Ability to manage and implement complex USAID public health project activities in Malawi.
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead the implementation of large complex public health programs, preferably with experience in medical procurement, logistics, or supply chain management.
- Ability to build colleagues staff’s competences in supply chain management.
- Ability to collaborate with MOH, USAID, and other key stakeholders in the Malawian health supply chain.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.