Deadline: 26 April 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant NOA in Blantyre, Malawi.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide administrative, logistical and communication support to key sections within the Programme Team (Resilience, Nutrition and School Meals), including timely processing of cash requests, cash forecasting, working advance returns, and verification of codes.
- Support contracting and procurement processes by collaborating closely with relevant WFP units.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of activity plans for programmes (e.g. leave and travel plans, meeting support including sending invitations, preparing minutes and ensuring their timely dissemination, establishing bi-weekly calls and other internal and external meeting arrangements).
- Assist in inventory/record keeping and distribution of programme NFIs including NFI database management, registers and ration cards, FFA tools, counseling cards and report books, commodity disposal certificates, approved distribution plans etc.
- Support in SCOPE registration of FFA, IFA and VSL participants and issuance of SCOPE identity cards.
- Follow up with partners in liaison with the field offices and Country Office to ensure timely submission of FACE forms and invoice claims/payment requests. introduce and manage a tracking system that includes receipt and filing of partner fuel receipts , invoice claims and payment request submission, including partners monthly reports, e.g. from District School Meals Coordinators, Resilience partners.
- Produce partners’ payments weekly and monthly status reports.
- Facilitate vendor creation request process with the Country Office Administration Team.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education and post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience in facilitate communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Experience contribute to implementation of programmes.
- Experience to observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Knowledge of the local language or any UN language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.