Deadline: 24 September 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide Administrative support to all the HSS Cluster Officers.
- Initiate correspondence projects on the orientation of Program Managers finalize them in accordance with WHO and depart mental styles and check language, grammar and accuracy before submission for approval and signature.
- Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including the preparation of business plans in GSM / Oracle, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests assist in the preparation of documents sending materials and liaising with participants and others involved.
- Analyze correspondence and requests received, highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by Program Managers, drawing attention to important issues.
- Ensure that technical reports and documents conform to WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and editing style and correct them as necessary prior to submission to the Representative’s signature.
- Use appropriate monitoring tools, monitor and ensure deadlines and deadlines are met, and correspondence and requests are analyzed and processed as soon as possible.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school followed by Secretarial or Administrative or commercial training.
- Minimum 5 to 7 year’s experience in a recognized public or private institution.
- Experience in administrative support positions within WHO or another UN agency is an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based systems or another ERP-like system is an asset.
- Keep abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in Country Office, organic group and WHO, to be able to brief and explain procedures to other members Staff.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.