Deadline: 24 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 7 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Work closely with the Chief Resource Manager and the WFP Lead Physician to plan and implement, establishment and expansion of different sections of the UN clinic.
- Prepare and reconcile budgets for all clinic activities.
- Process all health insurance claims for all clients seen on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with other clinics and hospitals before referrals are done: regularly map availability of different medical services in different clinics and hospitals.
- Plan and oversee stock taking including daily update of bin cards
- Liaise and plan inspections with regulatory bodies like Pharmacy and Medicines Regulatory Authority and Medical Council of Malawi.
- Plan, organize and facilitate meetings with the clinic team and headquarters on a regular basis.
- Assist with planning and implementation of clinic activities for example health promotion activities.
- Develop innovative ideas to solve health problems.
Applicant must have:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, health systems management, public health or related fields.
- Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- At least 3 year’s experience in similar work especially for those with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in administrative work for a health project or a hospital setting.
- Experience in health management.
- Strong initiative, leadership and troubleshooting skills.
- Capacity to work independently, in a team setting and in a collaborative environment.
- Capacity and experience working with clinics, hospitals and NGOS.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals or in groups.
- Conversant with Microsoft packages especially Excel.
- Medical or clinical background will have an added advantage.
- ICT knowledge and skills an added advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.