Deadline: 9 January 2022
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Agriculture Economist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Agriculture Economist at will perform the following functions-
- Undertake analytical work and provide technical guidance focusing on agriculture, water and agriculture infrastructure development, and advice on how to ensure sustainability of benefits of Bank-financed agricultural projects and programs in Malawi.
- Identify opportunities for strategic collaboration with multilateral and bilateral donors in support of the agriculture and water sector in Malawi to increase the advantage effects of ADB’s loan and grant operations.
- Support RDGS in all agriculture-related activities, including project development, implementation and supervision, and co-ordination with other stakeholders within the Bank as well as other donors and development partners.
- Contribute to the preparation of Country Strategy Papers, with particular reference to rural roads, water resources, and agriculture infrastructure development.
- Participate in the relevant sector donor-coordination meetings, sector wide approaches, and advise on sector policy issues.
- Assist where required in the development of the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensure their application.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience in program/project design and management, broad knowledge of all Rural Infrastructure, Water/Agriculture sub-sectors, with specific experience in implementation and management of donor-funded projects in the rural infrastructure and irrigation sub-sector.
- Previous experience working in multilateral financial institutions or similar large organizations, and performing such roles as project preparing, appraising, supervising or implementing donor funded projects.
- Proven planning and organizational skills, with ability to think strategically and rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
- In-depth knowledge of job-related social, economic and environmental development issues in the country.
- Communicate verbally and write effectively in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.