Deadline: 25 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Social protection interventions, including in emergency settings, are made effective and sustainable through adequate local support, ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable are adequately and effectively reached.
- Coordination between sectors is increased and links between different levels of government structures for policy implementation are strengthened capacity, learning and leadership of government staff is built, including on core social protection systems.
- Provide technical support to partners to improve the design of cash transfers and child grants, fostering linkages with other social protection interventions under the Cash Plus approach.
Broker constructive dialogue and partnerships between international and local social protection stakeholders to strengthen the social protection system, including development and use of shock responsive features.
- Generate strategic evidence to inform social protection advocacy, policy and programming.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional work experience is required in the social protection sector in Malawi.
- Experience working with the Social Cash Transfers
- Experience working in emergency settings is considered as a strong asset.
- Experience working with the UN, a Development Partner or Donor organization or an NGO is considered as an asset.
- Programme is considered as a strong asset.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Fluency in English and one of the local languages is required.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.