Deadline: 5 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Constructive dialogue and partnerships are brokered between international and local social protection stakeholders to strengthen the social protection system, including development and use of shock responsive features.
- Social protection interventions, including in emergency settings, are made effective and sustainable through adequate local support, ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable are adequately and effectively reached.
- Coordination between sectors is increased and links between different levels of government structures for policy implementation are strengthened capacity, learning and leadership of government staff is built, including on core social protection systems.
- Strategic evidence is generated to inform social protection advocacy, policy and programming.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, international relations, political science, international finance, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 1 year’s relevant professional work experience is required in social protection.
- Relevant UN or international NGO experience is an asset.
- Background/familiarity with cash-based programming is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English and the local language is required – sound both verbal and written skills.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.