Deadline: 1 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Constructive dialogue and partnerships are brokered between international and local social protection stakeholders to strengthen the social protection system, including development and use of shock responsive features.
- Social protection interventions, including in emergency settings, are made effective and sustainable through adequate local support, ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable are adequately and effectively reached.
- Coordination between sectors is increased and links between different levels of government structures for policy implementation are strengthened, capacity, learning and leadership of government staff is built, including for contingency planning and emergency preparedness for a strengthened humanitarian response and planning in future interventions.
- “Cash Plus” interventions are conceptualized and operationalized to ensure the impact of cash is augmented by creating effective linkages with social sectors that are critical to child wellbeing.
- Strategic evidence is generated to inform social protection advocacy, policy and programming.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree in social sciences, international relations, political science, international finance, or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 5 year’s relevant professional work experience in the social protection sector at national and/or international level are required.
- Previous experience in the design, management and evaluation of cash transfer programmes or related social protection interventions is a distinct advantage.
- Relevant UN or international NGO experience is an asset.
- Background/familiarity with cash-based programming, with significant emphasis on analysis and advice on the needs of children and women affected by emergencies, is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.