Deadline: 1 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strengthen social protection coverage and impact for children by supporting the development of social protection policies, legislation and programmes with attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children, especially those most marginalized.
- Provide technical support to partners to improve the design of cash transfers and child grants, fostering linkages with other social protection interventions under the Cash Plus approach.
- Broker constructive dialogue and partnerships between international and local social protection stakeholders to strengthen the social protection system.
- Generate strategic evidence to inform social protection advocacy, policy and programming.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree in one of the following fields is required Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional work experience is required in the social protection sector in Malawi.
- Experience working with the Social Cash Transfers Programme is considered as a strong asset.
- Experience working in an African country is considered as a strong asset.
- Experience working with the UN, a Development Partner or Donor organization or an NGO is considered as an asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.