Deadline: 4 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Lead the implementation of climate resilient programming, including contracts management, field activities. monitoring, dialogue with counterparts and relevant stakeholders.
- Drive the climate financing agenda and the uptake of the WASH financing strategy under development.
- Lead engagement in strategic partnerships with International Financing Institutions and private sector.
- Lead the humanitarian and resilience building activities in both rural and urban settings.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required engineering, public health, social sciences, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field is required.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main Degree is a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Experience working in complex humanitarian interventions is considered as a strong asset.
- Experience in climate resilient WASH, including familiarity with climate financing is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal skills is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.