Deadline: 27 October 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategic HR Planning and Management
- Provide ongoing strategic guidance, interpretation and technical support to management of the staff of the GSSC/KL in all areas of HR management.
- Provide accurate and sound technical analysis, and effectively support the HR management and planning process as it relates to workforce planning, staffing, organization design, change management and other HR strategy planning and development deliberations that are consistent with the objectives of the UNDP People Strategy 2030.
- Assist senior management by identifying, addressing and monitoring gender and/or diversity disparities and inequities in Human Resources across all GSSC/KL units.
- Liaise with BMS/OHR to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and local implementation.
- Advise on the applicability of new strategies and guidelines to GSSC/KL HR plans and activities.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of systems and internal controls, planning and change management and resolution of HR issues and problems.
- Workforce Analysis and Planning
- Advise on effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, development and retention of the best talent available to support the strategic human resources needs of the GSSC/KL.
- Support the human resources needs for international and national professionals, general service, and individual contractors by implementing proper and expedient recruitment procedures.
- Ensure GSSC/KL human capital targets are met through the recruitment and retention of a diverse body of staff of the highest caliber.
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Ensure the establishment of a targeted approach to recruit specialized talent, focusing on filling GSSC/KL posts requiring specialized expertise.
- Support the establishment and implementation of results-oriented action plans for the workforce to coordinate specialized recruitment efforts with identified needs for the GSSC/KL in the short-term, intermediate-term, and long-term.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree(Master’s) in human resources, business administration, public administration, social sciences, law or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with an additional 2 year’s of relevant experience will also be acceptable.
- 7 year’s experience in Human Resources Management, including some experience specifically in the provision of HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Familiarity with HR management in the UN system is a great advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel etc).
- Knowledge of integrated HR management systems would be an asset.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written).
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.