Deadline: 31 October 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator, Decent Work in the Rubber Glove Supply Chain in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The National Project Coordinator, Decent Work in the Rubber Glove Supply Chain will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and execute project activities, including research and analysis on decent work challenges and opportunities in the rubber glove supply chain and the impact of COVID-19.
- Monitor progress of the project by drafting work-plans and monitoring activities.
- Support the Technical Officer in the preparation of the required periodic progress reports on the status of activities.
- Assist in the programming and control of resources of the project, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring expenditure as compared to planned activities and making recommendations for remedial action. Identify problems, propose solutions and actions.
- Follow-up with staff and specialists in the ILO Regional Office for Asia and Pacific and ILO Decent Work Team in Bangkok, as well as government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Supervise the work of the project’s external collaborators.
- Ensure adherence to the ILO rules and regulations for financial and administrative matters and ensure timely fulfilment of all obligations and delivery of expected results of the project activities in Malaysia.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in law, engineering, architecture, economics, public policies, development studies or a relevant field.
- Advance Degree in relevant fields (trade, law, public policies, social policies, human resources or relevant) will be an advantage.
- At least 3 year’s professional experience at the national level in the area of project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven experience in working effectively with government bodies in charge of policy making and with development partners is required. ILO or UN experience in the relevant field will be an advantage.
- Experience in training, capacity building, and decent work in the rubber glove supply chain will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge and relevant professional experience at the national level preferably in the rubber glove sector and with decent work challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of policy making and tripartite consultation would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in the languages of Malaysia and excellent command and knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of other relevant languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.