Deadline: 8 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Setting Standards for Programme performance planning and monitoring in line with HACT and PSEA implementation
- Provide technical support as necessary to the process of developing and monitoring Annual Work Plans, including reporting on progress of the equity and gender marker as outlined in the Programme Policy and Procedures Guidance
- Support to the preparation of the integrated monitoring and evaluation plan (IMEP)
- Participate in IMEP activities, namely studies, research and evaluations, planning and discussions and support the development and completion of these activities, through compiling, monitoring of progress, and reporting of related update and status to facilitate approval and reporting at CMT.
- Support implementation of evaluations
- Support the evaluation specialist in drafting and/or development of terms of reference for external consultants and initiate the recruitment process to ensure the timely selection and recruitment of evaluators. Support the various processes of assessing and/or selecting consultant and evaluation teams to facilitate the recruitment/selection process
- Dissemination and follow up of evaluations
- Support consultation and validation events with stakeholders to seek clarification and/or validate findings from draft and final evaluation reports and report on feedback to facilitate timely action.
- Networking and partnership building
- Provide technical and operational support to a wide range of stakeholders and evaluators on UNICEF and UNEG policies, practices, standards and norms.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned from evaluations for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, psychology, sociology, education or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in social development analysis and programming at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in program/project monitoring and evaluation in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Malaysia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.