Deadline: 14 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Evidence generation, situation analysis and technical guidance to staff and programme partners on climate change and environmental risks and solutions for children
- Map and maintain overall knowledge on the policies and regulatory frameworks, institutions, programmatic activities and partnerships, including at the subnational level, relevant to child rights realisation from the perspective of the environment, climate and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
- Child-sensitive climate and environmental policy and action, advocacy and partnership development
- Establish strong working relationships with relevant ministries and government counterparts aimed at supporting national priorities and advancing UNICEF’s environment and climate action portfolio.
- Management and coordination support for climate and environment programme development and implementation
- Provide technical inputs to UNICEF efforts at cross-sectoral integration of environment and climate change and development of effective programmatic response at all levels from strategy development to design and costing specific interventions.
- Results-based planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for effective knowledge management systems (data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and tasks related to documenting the programme process with partners) regarding UNICEF environment and climate action.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university Degree in Climate Science/Studies, Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Energy, Environmental Studies/Management, economics, public policy, sustainable development or related field.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 7 additional years of professional experience in managing complex cross-sectoral projects may be accepted instead of an advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience at the national level in programme/project development and implementation focused on areas related to development cooperation in climate change adaptation and mitigation, and environmental management.
- Experience in negotiating and liaising with counterparts and partners in the area of the environment of climate change is an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationship both within and outside an organisation.
- Knowledge of children’s rights and gender in the context of climate change and/or environmental management is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Malay (Bahasa Malaysia).
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Malaysia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.