Deadline: 17 August 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Undertake and complete a range of specialized finance support functions and services.
- Initiate, process, review and follow-up on administrative action, including verifying that information and documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
- Maintain project financial records and monitoring system to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports.
- Process contracts for financial clearance and payment.
- Ensure the correctness and appropriateness of types of contracts used with each activity and ensure all necessary supporting document are attached.
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative to verify data, address and answer queries and follow-up as necessary with ILO staff, consultants and counterparts.
- Review and request additional information on the financial reports of partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check payment vouchers, prices and claims invoices.
- Consult with Finance Unit and project team on rules, regulations and procedures, and inform project staff, partners, consultants, interns of new or revised procedures and practices.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education with training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field.
- At least 6 year’s progressively responsible financial and administrative work, and some training in administrative field.
- Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, in particularly monitoring and management modules.
- Familiarity with UN administrative and financial procedures constitutes and advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.