Deadline: 6 July 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Assistant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Close collaboration with colleagues with GFI, GSC, Headquarters (HQs), Regional Offices (ROs) and Country Offices (COs).
- Subject matter expert in the team’s activities and provides guidance to other staff.
- Extracts accounting details from the accounting systems in order to analyze and verify accuracy and validity.
- Analyzes accounting records and produce management reports.
- Deliver responsive services to customers and stakeholders in alignment with the GSC Service Catalogue.
- Requests assigned through other corporate systems or assigned directly by Supervisors in accordance with established procedures, to correctly administer and implement the assigned tasks to ensure quality and accuracy are met.
- Follow up closely on the pending tasks to resolve within response times set out in the Service Catalogue.
- Seek advice or guidance from Supervisors as and when necessary.
- Provide advice or guidance to other staff in the team.
- Take initiative to communicate with colleagues within or across departments to seek confirmation or clarification on issues when necessary.
- Respond to enquiries and provides support, advice and guidance to clients in Headquarters, Regional Offices, Country offices.
- Assist with identification of system issues or enhancements, and in testing fixes and solutions.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts; and prepare journal vouchers and accounting entries as required.
- Analyze financial records and produce accurate management reports.
- Make recommendations on improvement of work processes.
- Maintenance of staff member’s financial records.
- Process monthly, daily and ad hoc payroll runs.
- Perform ad hoc assignments, special projects and all other related duties when required.
- Creation and maintenance of supplier financial records.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent, complemented by training in accounting or book-keeping.
- Degree in Finance or other training in accounting is desirable.
- Financial transaction processing, payroll processing in an international environment and using integrated financial management and reporting systems, desirable.
- 8 years of relevant experience in administration of which at least 2 years working in the field of accounting, finance or payroll.
- 6 years with a relevant first level University Degree, or
- 5 years with a relevant Advanced University Degree.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in the use of computers and information technology.
- Expertise in the use of MS Office and web-based software.
- Experience in the use of an ERP system such as Oracle, desirable.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Nationality of Malaysia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.