Deadline: 17 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Unit Head in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Unit Head will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and managerial support within the Department, in the Unit of procurement and logistics ensuring that activities in this area are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee a unit of technical teams specialized in various domains within their area of expertise and facilitates the efficient flow of team synergies.
- Manage the programme area in delivering its objectives through efficient management of a small team of technical staff, financial resources and effective work planning to optimize the Unit’s deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
Lead and conduct research on best practices and dissemination of information for capacity building in the respective area of work.
- Provide authoritative advice on procurement/contracting processes and procedures and when necessary in negotiating difficult and highly complex contracts, ensuring that quality, cost, and legal requirements in the interest of the Organization are fully safeguarded.
- Ensure the Organization’s procurement and contracting standards are adhered to while seeking to improve cost effectiveness and performance, through the optimal use of technology, processes and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in supply chain management, procurement, logistics, business administration, economics or similar field related to the functions of the position.
- Qualification in a field related to public health (humanitarian matters, medicine, pharmacological, biological or paramedical sciences, etc.).
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualifications or alternate equivalent.
- Minimum 10 year’s professional experience in the management of procurement and/or supply chain, including supervisory experience.
- Experience of procurement programmes in international organizations in the area of public health.
- Demonstrate experience managing human and financial resources.
- Concrete skills in leading, planning and coordination of procurement and supply operations and strong in the area of developing procurement and /or supply chain strategies.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively and diplomatically with external partners including Ministries of Health, Donor institutions, Civil Society, and other stakeholders.
- Commitment to collaborate effectively with other key partners in the Health Subject area.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in public procurement or supply chain or category management at a global level.
- Knowledge of economic and supply market perspectives that can impact WHO Skills in building collaborative relationships across an international supply chain.
- Expert knowledge of English and intermediate in French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.