Deadline: 24 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Communication for Development in Bamako, Mali.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Communication for Development will perform following functions-
- Conduct, participate and manage a comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, cultural, communication, economic and political issues in the country/region.
- Collaborate with, advise and consult internal partners and external partners to design evidence-based strategies and formulate, produce and test materials to organize C4D events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Collaborate with internal CO, RO and HQ colleagues to provide expert advise on the development of evidence-based strategies, approaches, policies and the planning of C4D social and resource mobilization initiatives in support of programmes/projects implementation and delivery of results.
- Identify, build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners, e.g. academia; research and implementing organizations; media and communication networks; celebrities; journalists; media ; all sectors/levels of society, and critical audiences to reinforce cooperation and pursue opportunities for C4D advocacy to promote UNICEF’s mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Organize/implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/government and non-government partners in evidence-based C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.