Deadline: 4 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Cold Chain Logistic Specialist in Bamako, Mali.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Cold Chain Logistic Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Focal point for Health section for all procurement and logistics matters.
- Prepare and monitor all documentation related to Supply, Logistics, Procurement and distribution, ensuring all UNICEF rules and procedures are respected.
- Prepare distribution plans and follow up for effective delivery with partners.
- Provide monthly reports on actions achieved, challenges and recommendations for the long-term.
- Support and build the government’s capacity in the management of the vaccines supply chain.
- Collaborate with UNICEF supply section to implement the Supply Plan of the Health Section.
- Ensure that all recommendations on the Evaluation of the Vaccine Management (EVM) are implemented and documented.
- Assure that all orders of vaccines and other materials & equipment for the cold chain are placed in a timely manner and monitor as periodically.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in directly related areas of specialization, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience relevant to this post may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- 5 year’s professional work experience in logistic with focus on health activities and management of vaccines Supply Chain.
- International work experience in emergency duty station with a security component would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of ERP system required.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers particularly in Excel.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.