Deadline: 26 May 2016
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Development Manager in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Business Development Manager will lead on oversight on all new funding opportunities, including coordination of proposals and communication with Members.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will perform the following functions-
- Implement the SCI Programme Quality Framework effectively and with positive results.
- Coordinate and provide strategic leadership direction, guidance and technical support to development of thematic sectors and projects in the Mali office.
- Support the PDQ Team in the Country Annual Planning process for technical programme inputs and quality measures, including child participation, child safeguarding, partnership and evidence-based programming.
- Participate in conceptualizing and designing cost effective, innovative and high quality programmes to serve children in Mali with a focus on gender inclusion and gender equity.
- Develop a clear agenda and inclusive process for learning and reflection, which informs planning and the design of new programs.
- Contribute to central coordination of research information and evidence about what works within our areas of programme implementation.
- Ensure that the country office has a comprehensive, SMT-endorsed Business Development Strategy in place, which is implemented and monitored effectively.
- Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors. Use creative approaches to link programme aspirations to donor priorities, while also effectively influencing the strategies of donors.
- Participate in key relevant internal meetings such as Programme Review Meetings, Senior Management Team or Area-based meetings as required.
Applicants must have-
- Development professional with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years management in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, child poverty, child protection, child governance, health and nutrition, and emergencies.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets greater than $1 million.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian sector preferred.
- Proven representation and advocacy skills.
- Experience in promoting and mainstreaming Child Rights Based programming in programme design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Fluency in French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter as a single document, including their salary expectations in English and French through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.