Abt Associates is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Mali.
The Project Assistant will coordinate closely with government counterparts, and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams.
Abt’s mission is to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support robust IRS campaign planning efforts, including quantification of insecticides and equipment needs.
- Identification and recruitment of spray teams in support to the Health Center Technical Director and Community Health Association.
- Oversight for recruitment, training, and supervision of Monitors, Pumps repairers, spray teams and IRS spray operators.
- Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of materials, work with the Logistics & Procurement Officer to procure IRS materials.
- Coordinate field based staff, IRS implementation, and training programs.
- Supervise routine program tracking and reporting activities.
- Supervise monitoring and data collection with project M&E team.
- Ensure report writing and disseminate IRS information/results to stakeholders.
- Ensure financial and administrative systems are functioning at the district level in compliance with Abt’s procedures and donor’s requirements.
- Ensure the link between the district and AIRS National Office in Bamako.
- The position is based at District level and requires frequent travel to field sites to support Health Area operations and activities.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health sector field, such as Public Health, Community Health, Entomology, Environment, or a development field (desirable).
- 3 years of relevant professional work experience with significant amounts of experience directly in IRS Operations.
- Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
- Experience in working with districts and communities.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ABT.