Deadline: 27 April 2016
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Prospect Development Manager in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Prospect Development Manager will support, coordinate and manage selected prospect development processes, provide capacity development support to country teams on in-country business development and support global market intelligence and improvement projects.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Prospect Development Manager will perform the following functions-
- Maintain a network with and gathers intelligence on donors/customers and partners in relation to specific funding opportunities (both in the grants and tender market).
- Serve as the bid manager on major proposals – developing a capture strategy together with the prospect team and ensuring appropriate resources and support.
- Help to identify key partners that will strengthen SNV’s competitive position and negotiate teaming arrangements with them.
- Check contract requirements on quality, risk management and compliance with all applicable regulations and ensures compatibility with guidelines of the customers.
- Support country teams in Business Development, provides training and advise to enable appropriate pipeline development, resource allocation and coordination of support services.
Applicants must have-
- Post-graduate qualification in a field related to Development Studies, Marketing, Economics or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Relevant work experience in business development/sales/proposal development in an international development cooperation context – experience as bid manager preferred.
- Knowledge of institutional fundraising or business development with European bilateral (e.g. DFID, SDC, SIDA, DGIS, etc.), multilaterals and development banks.
- Ability to analyze and assess opportunities from a business and financial perspective.
- Working experience in developing countries considered an asset.
- Professional experience in one of SNV’s sectors (Agriculture, Energy, and WASH) is an advantage.
- Adept at proposal development.
- Stress resilient and ability to deal with multiple deadlines.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in French is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to any of the countries where SNV has a presence.
- Ability to work in the Netherlands.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.