Deadline: 2 November 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Resources Mobilization Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Resources Mobilization Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for programmes and/or sector to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on children issues are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts for setting priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Monitor and analyze humanitarian trends and new partnership opportunities in support of UNICEF humanitarian interventions.
- Together with the CO management, develop a fundraising & partnership strategy to inform potential funding opportunities, in close collaboration with the programme sections implement and manage fundraising activities.
- Enhance relationship with donors through setting up regular meetings between UNICEF management, the technical sections and existing/potential donors, phone calls, updates, briefing sessions, briefing notes and donor visits.
- Write up briefing notes, reports and information as needed by HQ/RO/CO; Coordinate donors proposal, follow-up, facilitate meetings with donors, keep record, track progress and update the tracking matrix.
- Liaise between technical sections, potential donors and inform of potential funding opportunities; Review, edit and finalize donor reports compilation, ensure quality and submission by the programme sections, quality and timeliness, in line with the standards and requirements of each and every specific donor.
- Conceptualize and consolidate and monitor all aspects of resource mobilization with programme sections and field offices.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking funds for internal and external reporting on funding status and pipeline.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An Advanced University Degree in Marketing, Economics, Communication, Fundraising or Business Administration.
- Other social science field is required.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, reporting, programme monitoring and evaluation.
- International level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- knowledge of new media and fundraising.
- Fluency in English and a second UN language; Local working language of the duty station an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.