Deadline: 11 April 2016
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Media / Web Coordinator in Paris, France.
The Social Media / Web Coordinator will work closely with the Online and Media Relations teams to support their relative missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
UNESCO strives to build networks among nations that enable this kind of solidarity, by: mobilizing for education: so that every child, boy or girl, has access to quality education as a fundamental human right and as a prerequisite for human development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Media / Web Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implement UNESCO’s social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Organization to ensure its effectiveness.
- Manage official global channels/platforms and coordinate disparate uses of social media and experiences in official channels.
- Promote UNESCO Social Media in all official languages and major regions; coordinate and support the growth of the regional and local channels.
- Provide strategic input, to create an engaged and vibrant digital community around UNESCO’s activity.
- Implement day-to-day social media activity; create new social media accounts including online advocacy, write editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Face book, Twitter, and other similar community sites in multiple languages and regions and become an advocate of the Organization and a community manager in social media spaces.
- Partnering with other entities of UNESCO to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns; provide regular feedback and insights gained from social media monitoring to Managers and to the Communications and Editorial teams.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, technologies and applications, and implement and continually refine Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web analytics.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent degree) in marketing, communications, journalism, or new media.
- A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 4 years of experience in social media with proven social media campaigning experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other (English or French).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNESCO.