Deadline: 20 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Nouakchott, Mauritania.
The Education Specialist will supports the development and preparation of the Education programs/projects and for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of education programs/projects within the country program.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support to programs/projects development and planning.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, in a gender-specific framework.
- sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches and gender mainstreaming across programmes.
- Programme delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches and gender mainstreaming across programmes.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Education, Primary Education, or Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance.
- 5 years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in fields relevant to Education programmes.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
- Experience with addressing gender disparities an asset.
- Experience with Emergency and crisis responses.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.