Deadline: 20 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Social Policy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Chief Social Policy will be accountable for overall leadership and managerial guidance on programme policy direction and new initiatives.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief Social Policy will perform the following functions-
- Provides overall leadership and managerial guidance to senior level programme teams on policy direction, work plans and control mechanisms, and by monitoring compliance and performance standards in accordance with the Country Programme Recommendation and the Country Programme Management Plan.
- Coordinates with partners at HQ, Regional and Country levels and provides managerial and technical advice and support to the Organization in the development of programme policy and strategy to address priority issues in the area of social policy.
- In collaboration with local and regional partners, provides support and oversight both for specific technical projects regarding the National Plans of Action or sectoral activities, and for participation in the country programming process.
- Promotes evidence based advocacy for policy and legislative reform, supports child rights-based reviews of national, provincial and local legislation, in close consultation with community-level structures.
- Ensures the collection of quantitative and qualitative data for the sound and up-to-date assessment of the situation of children and women to provide the base-lines for result-based decisions on interventions and evaluations.
- Establishes effective partnerships with the Government, Private sector, NGOs, civil society, parliamentarians and local leaders, and other UN agencies to support sustained and proactive commitment to the Convention of the Rights of the Child and to achieve global UN agendas.
- Leads the Programme team to ensure the achievement of programme and project goals for the effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the country programme.
- Ensure programmatic synergies and cross-sectoral integration in support of programme and project goals.
- Leads and develops the Social Policy and Protection portfolio of the Country Programme.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, media, communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional work experience in programme coordination, and management of all phases of programme formulation, planning, design and implementation.
- Engagement in social policy dialogue with the Government for programme development, data collection and analysis is an asset.
- Experience in Middle Income/High Income Countries (MIC/HIC) is required and developing country experience an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Knowledge an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russia and/or Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.