Deadline: 19 December 2019
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor will be responsible to lead/coordinate all internal and external communication needs and publication materials under the programme, and manage, write and develop reports, data analysis, sharing documents and lessons from the programme, etc.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Advisory services
- Lead development and implementation of Programme Communication Strategy.
- Develop communication contents for different components (in cooperation with Component Advisors) and as well for Corporate Urban San Programme.
- Support content development for external communications.
- Enhance program credibility and visibility complying with corporate and donor communication guidelines, deliver persuasive, evidence-based and solution-oriented messages to the public, decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Write and ensure quality of press releases and other forms of internal and external communications.
- Quality assurance & Knowledge Development
- Align with knowledge deliverables and quality standards.
- Ensure implementation of SNV’s monitoring for results framework.
- Support development of Programme Reports and ensuring quality.
- Conduct comparative studies and facilitate horizontal learning to improve practice and guidelines.
- Promote knowledge exchange and networking with other SNV regions and externally.
- Take a lead to place a knowledge management system where program learning can properly be adjusted.
- Co-ordination & Programme Management
- Ensures SNV corporate communication guidelines are maintained in all official communication materials.
- Ensure performance of component, corresponding to plans and targets.
- Facilitate and coordinate interaction with other sector stakeholders.
- Contribute to the SNV WASH knowledge activities.
- Establish and maintain linkage with national and international knowledge centres.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s in Communication, Journalism, Social Science, Development Studies or any other related subject.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience on communication or knowledge management.
- Proven abilities in designing communication plan, managing and implementing communication strategies for development organisations.
- Strong abilities on writing in English, transforming technical report to stories for a general audience and capture lessons for technical sharing purpose.
- An excellent understanding of the media on a local, regional and national level
- Good knowledge of web and print-based marketing materials.
- Ability to design communication materials and proficiency in necessary IT/design software (In-design, Photoshop, illustrator etc).
- Ability to visualize complex situations, subjects and projects for different set of audience.
Creative, practical and systematic professional.
- Evidence of producing knowledge products (publications and other).
- Flexibility to handle varied and demanding tasks and ability to balance priorities, thrive under pressure and juggle a multitude of details in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant experience in developing and managing complex, multi-stakeholder initiatives directly delivering change.
- Ability to work independently, as well as member of a team, and to be flexible to accommodate the needs of stakeholders.
- Ability to lead the assignment and the team with remote supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Bangla.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.