Deadline: 19 November 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Consultant in New York, United States. The duration for this post is 6 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Consultant will perform the following functions-
- Assess the current practices and processes to communicate about the Environmental strategy in DFS and REACT.
- Interview key players in DFS and in the REACT team.
- Assess how the environmental strategy and overall environmental matters are being communicated ; if necessary visit some missions to meet their communications teams.
- Analyze how best practices information is collected and transmitted to member states and suggest improvements/ develop templates for more effective communication.
- Draft communications strategy.
- Organize internal workshops to familiarize the DFS and REACT teams with the strategy, agree on activities, deadlines and discuss resources needs.
- Support the DFS team in its approval and presentation to management.
- Support the strategy roll out and work with DFS and REACT to disseminate information to and from missions about their environmental performance.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in communications, English literature, social sciences, international affairs or a relevant field is required.
- A first level university degree in relevant field with additional 2 years of relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in corporate strategic communications, training, change management, and campaigns management including social media is required.
- Familiarity with the UN system and culture and in particular with UN peace operations or humanitarian operations is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous exposure to cross cultural and multi-ethnic working environment is an asset.
- Proficiency in using software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required (both oral and written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.