Deadline: 7 June 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Specialist in Nouakchot, Mauritania.
The Communication for Development Specialist ensure that government partners, Tekavoul, the networks and the community are engaged, mobilized, informed and well equipped with the necessary planning tools and implementation strategies that will result in an effective implementation.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Specialist will perform following functions-
- Provide technical support to the UNICEF country office, government and civil society partners in the design, revision of communication plans, micro-planning, implementation of the communication strategy and monitoring and evaluation of interventions C4D.
- Formulate communication strategies adapted to hard-to-reach populations.
- Strengthen advocacy with key actors in C4D for an enabling environment for the implementation of communication strategies in support of programs.
- Support social and community mobilization through capacity building of central level actors, orientations for the mobilization of relays, media, etc. field communication activities at the regional level (Willayas) and districts / departments (Moughataas), including during the AVS campaigns and in particular that of Mars-April 2019 on polio.
- Support programs for the development of innovation, culturally appropriate messages, tools and communication materials.
- Develop strategic partnerships with influencers, opinion leaders / religious leaders for their membership and their involvement in the implementation of interventions to promote IEPs.
- Strengthen the capacity of the implementing actors.
- Provide support to Tekavoul in the implementation of the C4D approach, including the adaptation of communication strategies to the current context of Mauritania.
Applicants must have-
- University degree (BAC +5) from an accredited institution in Communication or Social / Behavioral Sciences, Education for Health or any other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, nationally and internationally, in the areas of participatory communication, communication planning / social mobilization, project management and supervision, and community empowerment , and / or other related technical fields is required.
- Communication experience in African countries or similar to Mauritania would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of French and good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.