Deadline: 5 January 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication & Media Coordinator in Maroua, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Communication & Media Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of Communication, Information and Media related activities within the emergency response areas in the Far-North Region.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication & Media Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- External Liaison and Communications
- Develop and amend as necessary a Communication Plan for Plan International’s program in Maroua.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with frontline national and international media (journalists}, Communications staff and representatives of other NGOs, government institutions, UN Agencies, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for media and respond to requests for information from journalists, NOs, and donors, including arranging interviews and field visits.
- Internal Liaison and Communications
- Share a steady flow of information (social media updates, human interest stories, talking points and Q&As, blogs etc.) with the PR & Com Specialist for internal and external dissemination as per Plan International’s communications guide.
- Coordinate the preparation of Situation Reports (SitRep) to update on the status of Plan International’s disaster response activities;
- Regularly provide high-resolution, good quality digital images and videos of the emergency and Plan International’s work.
- Develop engaging massages to communicate key policies and values of Plan International to staff.
- Visibility and Branding
- Ensure the correct use of Plan International’s identity and that or partners and donors, in respect to the Brand Manual.
- Ensure the quality production of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Ensure the quality branding of constructions, Non-Food Items (NFIs) and other realisations of Plan International, with the identity of Plan International and that of partners, where applicable.
- Media Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with PR & Com and external media service providers to produce quality audiovisual material (documentaries, spots, etc).
- Compile a log of media calls organised within the response programme.
- Work with PR & Com specialist to monitor media and compile a list of national/international media coverage.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University Degree in Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations.
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media.
- Experience as a spokesperson.
- Good photography and/or filming skills.
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier.
- Fluent written and spoken English and French.
- Preference will be given to candidates who speak more than one working language.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with or in collaboration with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Prior experience travelling to, or working in an emergency environment will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations, including working overtime.
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Work with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International’s values and principles.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.