Deadline: 4 May 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The Communication Specialist will be accountable for developing, managing, coordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Clear communication strategy and associated work plan to get children’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
- Well maintained and continually developed contact list of journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web, photo etc. – and a successful process of communicating and maintaining regular contact and close collaboration with the media to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation.
- Well maintained and continually developed contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives.
- Effective working relationships with the UN Country Team and UN communication counterparts are developed, maintained and enhanced.
- Well maintained and continually developed contact list of appropriate, nationally-known personalities who have been identified, engaged and support UNICEF’s effort and who actively participate in special events and activities.
- Human resources (the communication team) and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) are both effectively managed and optimally used.
- Communication baselines are established against which the achievement of objectives of the communication strategy are regularly evaluated; analysis is undertaken to continuously improve the effectiveness of communication strategy and activities; results and reports are prepared and shared.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations. (Or an undergraduate degree plus at least 12 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.).
- 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- Field work experience.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language is required.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.