Deadline: 14 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Support Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 11 months.
The purpose of the Communication Support Officer is to support and implement INGO Forum activities in Abuja
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop and ensure the strategic communication of the PLRCP project, including through marketing brochures, project briefs, and updates, stakeholder information sharing.
- Maintain briefing and information packs as well as other relevant documents for key stakeholders concerning the partnerships and localization project
- Assist in drafting and design of project updates, policy briefs, and other similar materials.
- Work with the PLRCP Management team to produce blogs or op-eds for external publications, draft and layout mailings (newsletters, updates) and co-ordinate their review and approval.
- Lead on delivery of digital engagement for the PLRCP with regular updates on the project conducts social media updates and monitoring and develops content for social media platforms including supporting the PLRCP management team on social outreach.
- Facilitate structured and effective information exchange both between internal INGO partners and with external partners (NNGOs, UN, Government, Media, International community, etc).
- Stay informed on political, humanitarian and security contexts, while providing structured updates to the INGO Forum as it relates to localization globally regionally and nationally.
- Facilitate effective information flow between field-level realities in NE Nigeria and capital-level coordination in Abuja.
- Engage partners to efficiently compile and update relevant information including a summary of the twinning program, update on modules and resources, engagements with key stakeholders, response to external requests, blog posts related to project and progress updates on project delivery.
- Participate in project meetings and activities to ensure effective communication materials and the participation and presence of communications throughout all projects and provide feedback to the communications team.
- Undertake regular visits to the field and consistent liaising with key stakeholders to share relevant information and stay informed.
- Identify opportunities for communications capacity building for NNGOs, as well as opportunities for INGOs to learn from NNGO practices.
- Help organize and facilitate workshops and other capacity development, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with donor and host agency (in this case, NRC) regulations.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communication; Journalism; Information Management or any relevant field.
- 5-year cognate experience in a similar role within an NGO (local or international) or with a newspaper or research institution.
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical skills, and design skills as well as an ability to formulate well-targeted strategic documents.
- Ability to design powerpoint presentations, marketing documents and simple multi-media materials such as videos.
- Knowledge of the context in Northen Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri, knowledge of other local languages in Borno State is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the international humanitarian/development system and the mandates of the actors involved.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.