Deadline: 10 December 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist will be responsible responsible for providing technical support to UN Women Country Offices in several key areas including conflict prevention and peacebuilding, justice sector and security reform, promoting women’s political participation and mainstreaming gender issues into governance reforms.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead Knowledge management and information sharing initiatives:
- Develop and implement the internal and external Fund Communication Strategy to share public information, good practices and lessons learned across relevant Communities of Practice (COP), T/PCCs, stakeholders and academia in collaboration with other partners in the UN system.
- Manage a presence on UN Women’s SharePoint, internet pages and social media with a focus on internal and external knowledge sharing, partnerships and Communities of Practice.
- Lead the management and communication of the Fund’s Programme Cycle:
- Oversee the communications side related calls for letters of interest and appraisal processes.
- Provide technical support in the area of knowledge management and communication related to monitoring and synthesizing project results and outcomes for Steering Committee consideration.
- Provide policy and technical advice:
- Provide technical advice to the Steering Committee on communication, knowledge management, monitoring and other programme-related activities.
- Compile and synthesize advice to and from the Technical Committee on programmatic priorities and project proposals.
- Provide technical advice on the Fund’s operations to T/PCC and Participating UN Organizations (PUNO) during the project life cycle.
- Provide support to the Fund’s management requirements:
- Support communications between the Secretariat, Technical and Steering Committees and implementing partners, to enable ongoing effective project implementation.
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, Information Management, journalism, Gender, Peace and Security studies, or relevant field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in an international development programme and/or communication and advocacy, coordination, monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Excellent drafting and editing skills across a range of reporting formats and requirements.
- Strong technological awareness and solid experience using a range of standard IT software.
- Experience working in an international peace operation, in either a police or civil capacity, is highly desirable.
- Experience in the United Nations system, Civil Society or related area, in gender, peace and security / humanitarian issues, is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the capture, development, communication and effective use of information is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.