Deadline: 7 July 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Windhoek, Namibia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support the formulation and implementation of UNDP communications strategy and plans by conducting various communications-related activities, producing communications products and quality assurance control.
- Identify and propose communications activities in line with the UNDP Communications Strategy and work plans of UNDP projects and programmes ad initiatives.
- Develop appropriate communications products and conducting activities that ensure effective communication with targeted audiences.
- Prepare media advisories and press releases, organizing and moderating press conferences.
- Disseminate communications products to appropriate recipients, drafting and reviewing of speeches delivered by Senior Management.
- Draft success stories (human interest stories) and other communications products for distribution to UNDP headquarters as well as the regional office and the media.
- Maintain close contact with the media representatives in the country, providing support to building partnership with the media.
- Pitch stories about the policies and impact of UNDP activities to targeted audiences.
- Monitor media and informing designate staff on issues of relevance to UNDP in Namibia.
- Administrate UNDP Country Office website and social media
- Administrate and maintain the UNDP Namibia website and social media channels.
- Develop weekly plans for online communications and overseeing their implementation done by Communications Unit support staff.
- Ensure the use of online channels is in line with UNDP global guidelines and best practices.
- Develop communications content tailored for online communication.
- Preparation/check the content for the web sites and social media platforms to ensure consistency of the materials.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Honours Degree in Communications Studies or Media Studies or related fields.
- Experience in writing for the web, planning, and project and events management.
- Relevant experience at the national level in providing communication packages to promote the activities of international development organization.
- Experience in using the Adobe Creative Suite programmes such as Photoshop, InDesign or any other image-editing software a must.
- Video-editing software knowledge.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in website administration (content management system) and social networks administration would be considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Nationality of Namibia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.