Deadline: 1 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions:
- Creative content production
- Support the layout and creative design of communications products such as reports, flyers and infographics.
- Assist in the visualisation of communication products, e.g. video making, editing, short animations, etc..
- Support the production and uploading of clear, concise, vivid, and dynamic digital content for e-newsletters, websites and social media channels in English and Myanmar languages.
- Prepare communication materials (e.g. factsheets, brochures, posters, presentations) for meetings, workshops, seminars, briefings and other events.
- Administration and procurement:
- Lead the process to improve the efficiency, planning and responsiveness of the administrative and procurement activities of the LIFT Communications Unit.
- Help make LIFT’s communications activities more environmentally friendly by developing a green procurement checklist and monitoring suppliers.
- Lead communications-related procurement activities, in liaison with the Procurement Unit, by sourcing suppliers, assisting in the preparation of terms of reference, preparing requisitions/purchase orders and following up until.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education is required. Bachelor’s degree would be an advantage.
- Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or high school certificate with certification in communications (Media Studies, Journalism, Political Science, or International Relations) is an asset.
- At least 6 year’s of cumulative experience in the area of communications, operations, and office management, preferably with an international organization.
- First Level/Bachelor’s Degree may be accepted in lieu of some of the required years of experience.
- Previous experience managing suppliers (i.e. commercial printers), organising events and travels are an asset.
- Documented experience in creating and distributing e-newsletters and/or producing content for websites and social media in English and Myanmar is an asset.
- Documented translating experience is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package is required.
- Knowledge of Gsuites is highly desirable.
- Knowledge oneUNOPS and UN Procurement Procedures is an asset.
- Documented experience working with graphic design software (Adobe creative suite) is an advantage.
- Fluency in both English and Myanmar is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.