Deadline: 19 December 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Communications Associate will be responsible to provide research and specialised communications services that support the creation of content and services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Content creation:
- Conduct research, suggest ideas, and provide coordination support to ensure the timely and effective delivery of video/film, photographic and radio projects that support and engages audiences in a meaningful way.
- Support External Relations unit with donor visibility materials aligned with the online content strategy.
- Work with programmes and other WFP units to ensure full coverage of the Mission’s activities and the generation of new content.
- Distribute and promote communications guidelines for WFP staff to refer to when creating content.
- Ensures consistent messaging, quality control and a coherent user experience across WFP digital platforms.
- Monitoring and reporting:
- Capture and analyses appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices to support continuous improvement.
- Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Stay abreast of latest trends and updates in the online field.
- Visits and events:
- Support the communications department in media mission and donor visits to the field when needed through AV and photo coverage.
- Support External Relations unit/Country Director during field visits when needed.
- Organise and execute special events, working closely with colleagues, external partners and media, to ensure events are effectively scheduled, publicized and attended.
- Internal communication:
- Manage WFP intranet on SharePoint: structure and content update.
- Gather business requirements from different units and programmes to tailor the platform to the operations.
- Integrate and automate current processes and increases internal traffic to the platform.
- Engage staff further and introduce new features.
- Manage the storage and distribution of audio/visual materials in accordance with relevant policies.
- Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases, ensuring information is accurate, organised and available for others to access.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to provide an aligned, coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities.
- Implement improvements to communications methods and practices, to contribute to a better flow of information about WFP’s work to the media and stakeholders.
- Respond to specialised queries and requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field is a plus.
- At least 5 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in communications, ideally within a humanitarian organisation.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.