Deadline: 7 November 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Help leverage the SA’s work to both internal and external audiences by developing, under the direct supervision of the Chair, effective and well-written communications materials (e.g. fact sheets, external newsletters, brochures, posters, briefing books, success stories, web content, videos, interviews) tied to the SA communications strategy.
- Develop and implement the SA’s dissemination outreach strategy for staff and SA delegates.
- Management of the content of the website, ensuring that it is up to date, with fresh material and maximum interactivity; develop and implement strategy to ensure that we maximize traffic to the website.
- Support communications around SA related events, conferences and seminars identified by the Chair or his designee and work with the SA front office to deliver communications-related activities.
- Act as the primary focal point for SA on communications-related tasks on behalf of Chair and EC including monitoring and tracking various tools (email products, videos, newsletters) to ensure relevance and timeliness to members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair or designee.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree with minimum 2 years or a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of relevant practical experience in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, international relations, political science, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; strong organizational, research/analytical and presentation skills.
- Spoken and written fluency required in English is required.
- Other languages an asset.
- Ability to edit and rewrite technical documents to convey complex ideas in a clear and direct style while preserving intricacies of complex content.
- Possesses full command of English grammar, punctuation, technical terminology, style, and usage.
- Understand varying language requirements and nuances pitched at a variety of audiences that range from the lay to the technical and professional.
- Strong understanding of digital media such as websites, blogs, social media, and collaborative spaces.
- Previous experience in building and maintaining websites on supported content management systems a plus.
- Strong basic computer skills; proven ability to use standard technology packages, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe CC suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Campaign, etc).
- Good visual communication experience including video shooting and editing as well as photography a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to provide rapid response to urgent requests; ability to work effectively and efficiently and as needed juggle multiple tasks within tight or unexpected deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; detail oriented and highly organized.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.