Deadline: 26 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for design and implementation of effective communications and outreach strategies in order to raise awareness and understanding about the World Bank and development challenges.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- The incumbent will help to develop, execute, and monitor the impact of routine to medium profile communications strategies and campaigns.
- Design, write, produce and disseminate often complex communications products (e.g., project stories, media packets, news releases, brochures, Q&As, PowerPoint presentations, web features, briefing notes, etc.) that are strategic and consistently on-message about the Bank, its policies and operations.
- Make proper utilization of digital communication platforms including social media and new media channels through producing multimedia pieces, blogs and web stories, social media posts to promote results of Bank operations and support public discussion on the development agenda.
- Help to maintain and update the Country Office external web site.
- Help to promote and manage the social media channels of the World Bank, Dhaka Office.
- Support the Communications Officer to oversee planning and coordinate scheduling, logistics and briefings for sometimes large communications activities and events (e.g. VIP visits, press conferences, seminars, media visit, etc.)
- Develop and implement a dissemination outreach strategy within the country, including materials and activities to publicize the World Bank’s open data initiatives, and others.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Political Science, International Relations, Public Relations/Affairs, Marketing, Journalism or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of social, political and development issues in the country.
- Excellent computer skills, ability to use standard Bank technology packages, e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, Excel, etc.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Bangla.
- Spoken and written fluency required in English and Bangla.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to take an English language writing test.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.