Deadline: 15 December 2019
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of tihs post is 24 months.
The Ecosystem Programme Officer will be responsible to draft, implement and monitor the success of the communications strategy that will contribute to effective project implementation and delivery of project results.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure ADAPT communications is effective, strategic, results-oriented, coherent and consistent with IUCN policy and ECARO communications objectives and practices.
- Comply with all administrative schedules, including planning, management and reporting to the donor for the communications component of the ADAPT project.
- Provide support to IUCN ECARO communications, outreach and visibility.
- Coordinate and manage communications activities in the ADAPT project, including technical and administrative tasks, in close cooperation with the project team.
- Design and implement a tailored ADAPT Communications strategy aiming to increase the knowledge of NbS and awareness and participation of key stakeholders in the project.
- Oversee implementation and measure impact of the ADAPT Communications strategy, and propose its adjustment where needed.
- Produce web stories, articles, shorthands, printed material,videos and other content for IUCN and external channels, in line with the agreed communications strategy and by liaising with project team, partners and stakeholders.
- Organise and oversee communications in project events.
- Prepare press releases as opportunities arise and coordinate ADAPT media and public relations to ensure increased awareness of NbS in the region.
- Coordinate ADAPT’s presence on the social media – in line with the communications strategy, craft social media messages and posts, and schedule them for maximum impact and strategic balance.
- Actively contribute to other IUCN ECARO communication activities in coordination with the Regional Communications Officer.
- Support project managers in implementing project communications activities and increasing IUCN’s brand awareness and visibility and in the region.
- Represent IUCN ECARO at programme-related events and support organisation of events.
- Carry out other relevant tasks on request and agreement with the line manager.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a subject related to the field of communications.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a field related to communications and outreach.
- Excellent knowledge of communication channels and tools, and proven writing and editing experience.
- Work experience in Eastern Europe, North and Central Asia with particular emphasis on the Western Balkans.
- Capacity to work effectively under time pressure and during extended hours if required.
- Willingness to travel within the region, sometimes at short notice.
- Excellent command of English and at least one of the languages spoken in the region.
- Excellent organizational and networking skills, team-oriented attitude and ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with people.
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages.
- Experience of working in an international setting is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge and awareness of nature-based disaster risk reduction solutions and their implementation and the experience in the nature conservation sector is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IUCN.