Deadline: 22 August 2019
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNON supports programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop and plan outreach and information strategies aimed at promoting awareness and understanding of the role, services, performance metrics and focal/entry points of DAS.
- Prepare a two-year communications strategy for Division of Administration Services (DAS) with associated work-plan.
- On the basis of official UN policies and procedures, and in coordination with DAS Services, produce and quality control, communications and information products to create awareness relating to the work of DAS (e.g. FAQs, on-boarding guidelines, how-to guidelines, performance narratives, information circulars etc.).
- Maintain and update DAS content on the intranet. Content production and quality control of information, articles, updates etc. pertaining to DAS.
- Support quality control of all communications and messages sent on behalf of Office of the Director, DAS.
- Prepare presentations, documents and DAS related communication to clients, staff, management and Member States for enhanced service uptake and service quality.
- Draft iSeek articles, newsletters, booklets, presentations, reports to clients or Member States.
- Undertake activities to create awareness of significant events, priorities and trends in DAS through multimedia and social media coverage.
- Provide talking points and briefing notes as requested.
- Collaborate with the related divisions of UNEP and UNHABITAT, UNIC and UN Division of Global Communications.
- Develop client satisfaction surveys for DAS common and core services provision to encompass best practices and principles in the areas of client satisfaction, pricing and costing while monitoring identified key performance indicators.
- Any other duties as assigned.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication or journalism, public information or related field.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in communications, journalism, public information or related area is required.
- Experience with international organisations is required.
- Experience with social media, multi-media and graphic design is required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, editing, overseeing layout of material and managing intranet and websites is required.
- Experience in preparation of high level presentations and briefing notes is highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNON.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.