Deadline: 22 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for day-to-day updates on Social Media and broader communications channels. He/she works in close collaboration with the entire team on different programmes and projects in Geneva.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assist in daily monitoring and updating of the Lab’s social media tools:
- Prepare 1 social media update per working day across the Lab’s tools and monitor trends and community engagement levels.
- Review social media packages from the UN Department of Global Communications (DGC) and other UN and Geneva Ecosystem partners and prepare relevant SDG content to promote on the Lab’s social media tools.
- Assist in updating the SDG Lab web site:
- Research and write 12 web updates over the duration of the contract on the Lab’s activities and post the update, together with relevant assets (e.g. images, videos, links), on the English and French version of the Lab website (where applicable).
- Add events to the website events calendar.
- Assist in supporting SDG Lab event related communications:
- Assist in preparing the event documentation and materials (e.g. flyer, invitation, list of participants, etc.) in accordance with the Lab’s brand guide and existing templates.
- At events, take photographs and prepare social media content (e.g. tweets, Instagram posts).
- Support in the set up and tear down of events (e.g. banners, documentation, ushering, etc.).
- Assist in supporting SDG Lab outreach activities:
- Assist with the production and dissemination of the SDG Lab News Dispatch (Mailchimp newsletter) and other email communications.
- Attend SDG Lab meetings and prepare notes for the record and disseminate as appropriate.
- Add business cards to the Lab’s web-based customer-relationship management software.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, political affairs or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in a communications, political affairs or a related position.
- Experience working in the United Nations.
- Experience in taking photos and producing short video clips (e.g. Instagram stories).
- Fluency in English.
- Other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic) desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Proven judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and obtain results.
- Capacity and willingness to work in a collaborative manner.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter along with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.