Deadline: 3 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting WHO’s work on increasing public awareness of Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and injuries.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Identify opportunities to grow the profile of NCDs and injuries by aligning and promoting their strategic relevance.
- Promote WHO resources, technical assistance and partnerships for NCDs and injuries, and develop strategies to raise public and Member State awareness of their existence and value.
- Identify new projects and opportunities to build WHO resources and advocacy expertise on NCDs and injuries, including collaborations with Member States and appropriate partners.
- Support collaboration with the WHO team working with the Global Ambassador for NCDs and Injuries to align strategy, develop outputs and leverage the Ambassador role for high-level advocacy and engagement.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- A first university degree in public health, international relations, communications, public relations or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of communications.
- Experience in public relations, reputation- and risk-management, related to communications.
- Very good knowledge of public relations, reputation- and risk-management, communications.
- Knowledge of contemporary communication practices.
- Thorough knowledge of how to design an effective media campaign, likewise social media and digital campaigns.
- Planning and drafting skills for media, digital, leadership voice, and broad external relations activities.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, effectiveness in working with stakeholders like media, leadership, partners, influencers.
- Ability to be a cooperative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work fast, under tight deadlines on a results-oriented basis.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative approaches and solutions.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WHO.