Deadline: 30 July 2018
World Vision International (WVI) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Mansourieh, Lebanon.
This position is part of the External engagement function and will support in fulfilling the strategic priorities of Communications within WVL in line with WVL strategic priorities and plans.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Evidence-based content for resource generation.
- In response to local, regional, support office and/or global centre requests, research and publish, video/stories about successes and needs in World Vision projects and overall situation.
- In response to local, regional, support office or global centre requests, take, caption, upload and, as appropriate, publish, photos about successes and needs in World Vision projects and overall situation.
- Ensure these materials are published to the World Vision online platforms as appropriate and other WV and non-WV portals.
- Review local and regional online platforms site to ensure information such as captions, resources and other items are accurate and up-to-date. Remove outdated items and post new items.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Audiovisual, journalism, communications.
- Strong photography, video filming and editing skills.
- Previous experience of developing quality content and leading social media campaigns.
- Very strong ability to write, edit, and speak English (Previous experience writing, editing and/or publishing articles and taking photos).
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to work with Microsoft Office and web-based software.
- Willingness to develop survival and security skills for various risks and challenges encountered in emergency situations.
- Willingness to undergo first aid and security training.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.