Deadline: 18 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
The Communications Senior Officer will work closely with the Access to Health Fund team in communications, media relations, and event management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of external and internal communications strategies for Myanmar and international audiences, including digital strategies, visibility guidelines and strategic event and campaign strategies.
- This includes taking the initiative to identify and seize opportunities in an independent, self-driven way to enhance the communications work of the Access to Health Fund.
- Manage internal and external communications channels, including social media and website, including preparation of written and visual content for distribution to the press and website or other relevant channels, including articles, speeches, videos, brochures, newsletters and reports.
- Manage brand awareness of Access to Health Fund, including raising awareness and managing the perception of the fund through localised messaging and brand management.
- Develop and maintain strong advocacy channels and networks with media and government (in particular the Ministry of Health and Sports), maintaining relevant contact lists and content libraries.
- Organise logistics for communications-related field trips and events, including media and press.
- Manage communications products, including the preparation of factsheets and materials needed for workshops, seminars, briefings, and events. Supervise personnel, including the Communications Assistant and Writing and Editing Intern
- Manage translation processes, including technical oversight and quality assurance from English to Myanmar and Myanmar to English content
- Evaluate effectiveness and impact of the Access to Health Fund’s publicity campaigns, events, website and social media
- Other duties requested by the Manager, Fund Directors Office and Communications, Access to Health Fund
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in communication, media studies, journalism, international relations, public/media relations, public relations, event management, English or any other related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- 2 years of experience in communications, event management, advocacy/government relations, digital media, journalism/press, public health, public/media relations, marketing, international relations, writing/editing (including grant/proposal writing), research or any other related fields is required.
- Experience working with Myanmar and international media is highly preferable.
- Experience working in advertising, public relations, social behavior change communications would be an asset.
- Experience in developing strategy and plans for communications and helping in the organisation events (and associated materials) is highly preferable.
- Previous working experience in a similar position with media organisations, UN, NGO or private organisations would be an asset.
- Previous experience with health would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills in English and Myanmar, with an understanding of drafting press statements and web articles is required .
- Excellent skills in translation from English to Myanmar and Myanmar to English is required.
- Experience in personnel management is preferable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar Language is a strong requirement.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.