Deadline: 13 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist – Advocacy in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Communications Specialist – Advocacy will work closely with the Access to Health Fund team in communications, media relations, and event management.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist – Advocacy will perform the following functions:
- Work closely with staff of the Clean Nigeria Campaign Secretariat based in Abuja to:
- Lead the development and the implementation of an advocacy strategy for the sanitation sector in Nigeria and the ODF 2025 roadmap and implementation of the same.
- Manage all advocacy efforts aimed at effective implementation of the ODF 2025 roadmap in close collaboration with all the critical stakeholders within the sanitation sector in Nigeria.
- Consult with and work closely with WSSCC National Coordinator and WSS Wash Ambassador in the implementation of Advocacy and Communication related activities of the WSSCC Country Engagement Plan (CEP) for Nigeria.
- Liaise with WSSCC sub-unit in Abuja, and Geneva based units: Regional, Global Advocacy and Communication units, to coordinate advocacy and communication actions, campaigns and activities to support the Clean Nigeria Road Map.
- Take the lead if drafting concept notes, reports, case studies and learning notes for presentation during national meetings, events and forums.
- Assist the Clean Nigeria Campaign Secretariat to achieve the following overall objectives:
- Create a map of partners in the areas of each objective of the advocacy and communication plan.
- Engage partners in line with the advocacy and communication objectives and influence key stakeholders.
- Ensure there is continuous flow of advocacy events, meetings, and initiatives.
- Ensure there is a continuous flow in the production of communication materials and products, and its consistent dissemination to the public and to key partners through various media and channels.
- Organize events, facilitates meetings and campaigns to ensure that the advocacy and communication plan is delivered in an efficient manner.
- Enhance the presence and visibility of the Clean Nigeria Campaign at national and subnational levels.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Social Science, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications or other relevant fields.
- Bachelor’s degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of solid hands-on experience in public relations, advertising, communication or advocacy activities in a dynamic and responsive environment of government agencies, donors, multiple and high-profile stakeholders.
- Proven commitment to excellence and successful track record of managing the quality and content of advocacy, communication and visibility activities.
- Experience or good familiarity with the WASH, Health, Gender or Human Right sectors in Nigeria is an asset/desirable.
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders, including national and local government, civil society, the UN, the private sector, community organizations, and donors.
- Extensive and successful experience in managing representation and PR for important national or international events is an asset/desirable.
- Superior diplomacy and relationship building skills with an ability to liaise, prioritize, negotiate, and work with a prolific variety of cross-cultural and high-profile stakeholders is an asset/desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of any of the major Nigeria languages: Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba: reading, written and spoken is an asset/desirable.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.