Deadline: 12 December 2018
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Serve as media and external relations focal point to assigned departments/offices.
- In collaboration with assigned departments/offices, develop targeted strategic communication plans to support department/office and institutional objectives.
- Support implementation of strategic communication plans, including through.
- Advice and support on communication planning and execution.
- Establishing and managing relationships with leading international, regional, and online media; and other relevant stakeholder groups.
- Arranging interaction, including interviews, briefings, press conferences, etc., with media and other relevant stakeholder groups.
- Producing social media and other digital content.
- Preparing external relations content for different audiences, including press releases, statements, key messages, talking points, blogs, opinion articles, and feature articles.
- Undertake regular monitoring and refinement of communication plan implementation.
- Identify and integrate new and innovative methods for achieving communication objectives.
- Provide knowledge sharing and outreach support to selected sector and thematic groups through communication planning and advice, blogs, opinion articles, social media, online discussions, special events, etc.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent, in Communications, Journalism, Public Policy, International Development or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience, including at international level, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English are required.
- Digital and social media experience will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Japanese and experience working with Japanese media will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of development and communication issues in the Asia-Pacific context and familiarity with brand positioning for international organizations/financing institutions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.