Deadline: 5 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Ndjamena, Chad. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Communications Specialist will play an integral role in the achievement of the two key results articulated in the RSF in order to contribute to the implementation of the Lake Basin Regional Stabilisation Strategy.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Development and Roll Out of Communication Strategy
- Develop a detailed communication strategy that integrates the entire communication, publicity and visibility requirements of the RSS and the RSF processes including clearly delineating how the overall communication strategy will be connected to national specific communication strategies.
- Hold consultation meetings with key stakeholders and relevant partners, to integrate their insights and communication expectation into the Strategy.
- Strategy Advice to the Stabilisation Secretariat
- Provide strategic advice to the Stabilisation Secretariat on appropriate communication, tools, medium and message to be deployed at a given time based on contextual circumstances.
- Provide advice to the Stabilisation Secretariat on the management of public perception and expectation through bespoke and targeted communication approach and strategies.
- Training of Team and Stakeholders
- Developed communication training package.
- Conduct training for selected stakeholders and actors involve in the implementation of the RSS and RSF.
- Conduct training for selected technical groups, platforms and pillar members.
- Development of public education materials
- Development communication tools such as infographics, flyers and newsletters to update the public on the RSS and RSF.
- Create and deploy social media communication and publicity campaign across different platform on the RSS and RSF.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in Communication, Information Management, International Development or any Social Science or Business-related course.
- Minimum 7 years (with bachelor’s) and 5 years (with master’s) professional experience in communication around international development, conflict and peace building, mediation and dialogue and elections.
- Experience in managing communication for diverse stakeholders including government, international organisations, NGOs and/or private sector.
- Familiarity with the use new and innovative communication platforms to reach large number of audiences.
- Good understanding of Stabilisation issues and Lake Chad Basin region is desirable.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.